Sunday, January 6, 2013

Article - Beliefs about Medication Treatment & Concerns about Loss of Self

Here is a review of a research article called  Beliefs about Medication Treatment & Concerns about Loss of Self.

This is an article of both personal and professional interest for me.

For those of you new to my blog, my first posts (links are available in the right column) were about my personal ADHD story.

The post most relevant to this article discusses how I joke about my two selves - unmedicated Eric versus medicated Dr. Beam.

http://askdreric-schoolpsychologist.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-adhd-story-part-6-current-day.html

Professionally, I have experienced the fact that most educators, professionals, and parents are ignorant of this side-effect of ADHD medication. I think that this is related to a lot of inadvertently negative comments to people with ADHD.



Share

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eric/Dr Beam, I'm very curious about this issue, but I don't quite follow you when you write "I think that this is related to a lot of inadvertently negative comments to people with ADHD."

    Please elucidate.

    ReplyDelete